YOGA & MINDFULNESS FOR CHILDREN & TEENS
BE THE CHANGE
Empower Young Minds to be in Touch with Their Inner Being
Empower Young Minds to be the Best They can be
This training is not just for Yoga Teachers, but for anyone who wants to make this world a better place. Parents, Teachers, Educators and Caregivers, anyone who wants to empower young minds to be in touch with their inner being; anyone who wants to empower young minds to be the best they can be. Anyone who wants to teach children to love who they are, Body, Mind & Soul. Invest in yourself in a way that would benefit children for years to come. ❤️
A Kids Yoga Teacher Training with a deep conviction has the potential to change the world lives in each of us.
Our bodies, minds, and souls must be connected in order to create lasting change.
Believing that there is a powerful experience that is much needed to begin a shift in the way that transforms the lives of children and teens.
**Above prices are excluding payment/transfer surcharge fees**
INCLUDED IN THE COURSE FEE
"Immerse yourself in our Yoga and Mindfulness for Kids and Teens Yoga Teacher Training from the comfort of your own home."
This online course includes age-appropriate yoga and mindfulness for children and teens to support you on your journey with yoga on the yoga mat or classroom environment. This course will give you the much-needed skills, knowledge, resources, and confidence you will need to start teaching yoga to kids today!
"This is the next generation; let us teach them now so that they don't have to learn after their brains have already been developed. Let us teach children now so that they have these tools to use inevitably, tools to use for the rest of their lives. "
I will be provided you with exclusive calm classrooms yoga and printable resources, including:
A Kids Yoga Pose Guide, one for each separate age group too!
A fully illustrated with brief instructions digital card deck. This contains topics such as breathing, focusing, relaxing, sun salutations, chakras, and chair yoga pose.
Exclusive, kids coloring in and reflection sheets to hand out to your yoga students
Printable class plans and much more!
We also learn the business if kids yoga! The final module of this course all about showing you exactly how to earn a full-time income from teaching 1:1, or group yoga classes to kids, anywhere in the world!
Booking registrations are opening soon!
By undertaking this Online 50HR Immersion & Teacher Training into Yoga and Mindfulness for Children and Teens yoga teacher training, you will know the following areas:
Strategies for Teaching Yoga & Mindfulness to Children:
Breathing: Breathing practices (energizing and calming breaths )
Postures: Chair Based and Mat based yoga movements as well as poses for specific benefits.
Focus activities: Single pointed focus to build focus and attention
Calming activities: Principles of creative relaxation to calm the nervous system
Flow Yoga: Sun Salutation, Partner poses. Yoga games for each age group
Patanjali's 8 Limbs of Yoga: Discussion points and practices to increase mindfulness
Basic anatomy and physiology of the skeletal system, nervous system, endocrine system, respiratory system, and digestive system.
Learn about the brain and how trauma effects development
Learn how to set up a kids yoga class, childhood development, teaching tips and tools for success, yoga stories, age-appropriate breathing, relaxation and focusing activities as well as a detailed breakdown of each age group ( 3 - 17 years )
Yoga for kids with additional needs.
What you'll learn
You will learn each step on how to teach yoga for kids in a fun and engaging ways.
You will have a well-rounded understanding of a child's mental, physical, social, and emotional development.
Comprehend the physiology of stress and anxiety and how it affects childhood development
Understand the benefits of Yoga and Mindfulness for children and teen
Create lesson plans for specific age groups
You will learn how to create a yoga sequence for children over eight years old.
Find your authentic teachers voice
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
There are no requirements to take this online course. Anybody can teach kids yoga!
Who this course is for:
A yoga instructor who wishes to enhance upskill their knowledge to offer kids yoga classes at yoga studios.
A teacher who would love to include yoga and mindfulness activities into your daily classroom routine.
You may be a parent who wishes to learn how to teach yoga and mindfulness to your children to include in the home environment.
Or somebody with NO prior yoga or teaching experience and would love to teach yoga and mindfulness to kids in kindergartens in your community.
MEET YOUR TEACHER
Me, Jeanne Welsh!
Created from my own childhood trauma to give children the tools I never had growing up… My story begins at Uzenmyethu child care facility, GuGulethu Township, Cape Town, South Africa. All over the world, there is an accelerated growing need for children to learn life skills that could extend beyond the school walls and promote health and wellness in other areas of their life.
Over the past 10 years, I have been working with children with all types of backgrounds, sharing the gift of yoga. Noticing this growing need for change, I wanted to create a training not just for Yoga Teachers, but for Parents, Teachers, Educators and Caregivers, anyone who wants to empower young minds to be in touch with their inner being; anyone who wants to empower young minds to be the best they can be. Anyone who wants to teach children to love who they are, Body, Mind & Soul. Anyone who wants to invest in themselves in a way that would benefit children for years to come.
How does the online course work?
This course is a flexible online course. It is a self-paced or optional Instructor lead.
Self- Paced: There are modules for you to work through at your own pace, along with a downloadable manual, reflection exercises, voice recorded slides and videos. You can log into the course whenever you have time to work on it! Upon completing all modules, you will have reflection assignments to hand in, and your final homework is to create a 35-minute kids yoga designed for each specific age groups learned with a hand in a step by step lesson plan for each. All work will be handed back to you with feedback and suggestions within 14 days. After you complete all modules, you'll receive your PDF version of your 50hr noncontact ( including assignments and self-study) yoga alliance certified certificate.
Optional Instructor Lead - Each week for eight weeks, you will be able to participate in a live question and answer community discussion via the Facebook community group.
Live check-ins will be held every Friday at 5:00 pm ( Central Indonesian Time )
Beginning on 5th June - 24th July. All check-ins are recorded for you to listen to in your own time.
**How long do I have to complete the course?**
The course is self-paced, you can take as long as you need! I recommend trying to finish within six months to 1 year, so the information stays fresh in your mind.
- Childhood Development (4:23)
- Sensory Development
- Psychological Theories of Development
- Development and kids yoga ages 3-4
- Development and kids yoga ages 4-5 years
- Development and kids yoga ages 5-8 years
- Development and kids yoga ages 9 - 12 years
- Development and kids yoga ages 12 - 17 years
- Yoga and Teen Mental Health (5:10)
- Temper Tantrums
- Feelings and Emotions (3:16)
- Emotional Development (2:53)
- Mindfulness of Emotions
- Structure and function of the brain
- The upstairs and downstairs brain
- The different types of intelligence
- Breathing Lab (2:25)
- Pranayama (1:29)
- The Two Types of Breathing (2:25)
- The Nervous System (2:38)
- The Vagus Nerve (1:47)
- What is Breath Awareness (1:59)
- What is Conscious Breathing? (3:56)
- What is Extended Exhalation breathing? (1:07)
- What is Breath Retention? (1:22)
- How to add Breath and Movement (1:17)
- Breath and Sound (1:47)
- Belly Breath
- Classroom Belly Breath (0:42)
- Be Happy Breath (0:22)
- Classroom Be Happy Breath
- Bee Breath (0:43)
- Classroom Bee Breath
- Flower Breath (0:35)
- Classroom Flower Breath
- Take 5 Breath (0:54)
- Classroom Take 5 Breath
- Bunny Breath (0:39)
- Classroom Bunny Breath
- Stress Eraser Breath (0:44)
- Classroom Stress Eraser Breath
- Triangle Breathing (0:36)
- Classroom Triangle Breathing
- Breathing Props (0:05)
- Breathing ages seven and up
- Additional Breathing Exercises (1:40)
- Why yoga for classrooms? (2:05)
- What is core strength? (0:51)
- What is shoulder stability? (0:41)
- What is fine motor coordination? (0:52)
- What is gross motor coordination? (1:02)
- Balance and coordination
- Crossing the mid-line
- Loosen Up (2:04)
- Cat Stretch (0:47)
- Rock and Roll (1:14)
- Desk Rest (0:57)
- Whats Behind You?
- Leg Lifts (1:36)
- Chair Dog (1:16)
- Boat Pose (1:56)
- Hip Hip Hooray (1:30)
- Scratch your Back (0:58)
- Chair Flow Sequences
- Flow Yoga
- The significance of animals in yoga poses
- Yoga Sequencing
- Yoga Equipment & Accesories
- Airplane Pose | Virabhadrasana
- Bicycle Pose
- Boat Pose | Navasana
- Butterfly Pose | Baddha Konasana
- Cat / Cow | Bitilasana Marjaryasana
- Camel Pose | Ustrasana
- Candle Pose | Viparita karani
- Chair Pose | Utkatasana
- Crab Pose | Purvottanasana
- Crow Pose | Kakasana
- Downward Dog Pose | Adho Mukha Svanasana
- Dancer Pose | Natarajasana
- Donkey Kicks | Handstand preparation
- Elephant Pose | Wide leg forward fold
- Eagle Pose | Garudasana
- Ear Massage
- Fish Pose | Matsyasana
- Frog Pose | Malasana
- Foward Fold | Uttanasana
- Figure Eight
- Gorilla Pose | Prasarita Padottanasana
- Happy Baby Pose | Ananda Balasana
- I am | Tadasana
- Half way lift | Ardha Uttanasana
- Jaw Massage
- Knee Hugs | Apanasana
- Knot Pose | Marichyasana
- Lazy Pose | Shavasana
- Leg Lifts
- Magic Massage
- Moon Pose | Cresent Moon
- Mouse Pose | Balasana
- Oyster Pose | Paschimottanasana
- Pigeon Pose | Eka Pada Rajakapotasana
- Puppy Pose | Uttana Shishosana
- Runners Lundge | Anjaneyasana
- Rainbow Pose | Vasisthasana variation
- Rock the Baby
- Telephone Pose
- Shark Pose | Salabhasana
- Snake Pose | Bhujangasana
- Tiger Pose | Vyaghrasana
- Tree Pose | Vrksasana
- Whale Pose | Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
- Windmill Pose | Parivrtta Prasarita Padottanasana
- Walking Bear Pose
- Warrior 1 Pose / Virabhadrasana 1
- Warror 2 Pose | Virabhadrasana
- The Sun Salutation (4:15)
- Transition poses to manage behavior (0:37)
- Magic Music (5:11)
- How sound affects the body
- The difference between sound and noise
- Introduction to music instruments (8:19)
- Body Percussion
- Traditional and Creative AUM and chanting (6:50)
- Traveling Bee (4:41)
- Kids Yoga and Soundscapes
- Forest Sounds (2:52)
- Water Sounds (4:53)
- Fairy Sounds
- The Namaste Song (0:35)
- Putting it all together
- Yoga for kids aged 3-5 years
- Yoga poses for ages 3-5 years
- Yoga stories for ages 3-5 years (27:50)
- Focus and Rest activities ages 3 - 5 years
- Yoga teaching tips ages 3 - 5 years
- Example lesson plan ages 3 - 5 years
- Yoga for kids aged 5 - 8 years
- Yoga poses aged 5 - 8 years
- Breathing activities ages 5 - 8 years
- Rest and Focus activities ages 5 - 8 years
- Yoga stories for ages 5 - 8 years
- Yoga teaching tips ages 5 - 8 years
- Example lesson plan 5 - 8 years
- Yoga for kids aged 9 - 12 years
- Yoga Flow aged 9 - 12 years
- Breathing activities aged 9 - 12 years
- Rest and Focus activities aged 9 - 12 years
- Yoga teaching tips aged 9 - 12 years
- Example lesson plan aged 9 - 12 years
- Yoga for teens 12 - 17 years
- Yoga Flows 12 - 17 years
- Breathing activities 12 - 17 years
- Rest and Focus 12 - 17 years
- Yoga teaching tips 12 - 17 years
- Example lesson plan 12 - 17 years
- Class Management & Setting Boundaries
- Create your own lesson plan
Kids Yoga and Mindfulness
This online course will be an asset to special education teachers, support professionals, regular education teachers, and parents who are working to improve physical health and wellbeing of their students. People of all ages and abilities can practice yoga and mindfulness. Best of all, it can be done anywhere and anytime.